Ingredients For Baked Rasogullas Recipe
- Rasgullas purchased from the market: 8-10 nos
- Milk: 1 litre (prefer low fat milk for a healthier version of the dish)
- Nestle Milkmaid (condensed milk) – 3/4 of a can
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kesar (few strands) dissloved in 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tsp water (Tip: cornflour is always dissolved in the double the quantity of water)
Prepare Baked Rasogullas:
- Soak the rasogullas in water for about 5 mins and then drain. This will help remove the sugar syrup from them.
- Heat milk on low flame till it reduces to half.
- Make a smooth paste of Milkmaid, cardamom powder and saffron strands. Add this paste to the reduced milk.
- Arrange the drained rasogullas on a shallow rectangular baking dish.
- Pour the mixture of milk-milkmaid on the rasogullas.
- Bake in a pre- heated convection oven at 220 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. The top should come out nicely browned.
You may also add a cup of cottage cheese/paneer to the milk-milkmaid mixture for added taste.
Cardamom powder can be added to the above mixture or sprinkled after you pour the mixture on rasogullas.