- 1 cup yellow corn kernels
- 4 potatoes ( Boiled and mashed)
- 1 Onion (chopped). Green onion may also be used to give that extra crunchy tatste.
- 2 bread slices (soaked in water and then squeezed well)
- 1-2 cups fine sooji/rava or bread crumbs or 1 1/2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- A small piece of Ginger (grated)
- A small piece of Garlic (grated)
- Green chilies, chopped (Omit chillies when making corn patties for kids)
Tip: To save time, use ginger-garlic-chilli paste easily available in supermarkets
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- A pinch of turmeric
- Chooped Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Oil for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
- Amchoor powder or Chaat Masala, to taste
How to Prepare Corn Patties
- Boil the corn kernels.
- In a pan, heat the oil. Add cumin seeds, ginger-garlic-chilli paste and chopped onion. Fry for sometime.
- While the onions are still crunchy, add mashed potatoes, bread slices, coriander leaves, amchoor or chaat masala and mix in well.
- Once this batter cooled down, make small round balls and press slightly to give the shape of a patty. Roll these patties in sooji or bread crumbs. If using corn flour, put some in the balls and then also roll the patties into the remaining corn flour.
- Now apply oil to a non-stick tava and shallow fry these patties.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or homemade mint chutney or a mint an yoghurt dip