- 6 tomatoes (medium sized)
- 3 Potatoes (boiled and thoroughly mashed to avoid lumps)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (thaw before use)
- 1/4 cup frozen yellow corn (thaw before use)
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chillies,chopped
Spices: 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp amchur, Salt, cumin seeds
Method For Stuffed Tomatoes Recipes:
- Wash the tomatoes, cut off the top (about 1″ thick slice). If the tomatoes are unbalanced, cut off a slice from the other side (bottom) too.
- Using a knife, scoop out the pulp and seeds. Now coat the inside and outside of tomatoes with cooking oil and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add green chillies and cumin seeds. Then fry chopped onions and add ginger-garlic paste. Once done, add red chilli powder, coriander powder, amchur, salt and turmeric powder. Cook carefully lest the spices burn.
- Then add mashed potatoes, corn, peas and mix everything together.
- Remove from heat and add garam masala and grated cheese (optional). Once the stuffing cools, make balls of it and fill in the tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes in a shallow covered pan for about 20 min or till they are soft to touch and skin starts to shrivel.